Right now, I'm in the midst of lots of developments for Banana Grove Designs in areas like blogging and marketing. It's all very exciting! Recently, though, I have felt the need to take another look at the most important area of owning a jewelry shop...the jewelry.
For a while, I have been dissatisfied with many of the pieces in my shop. I'm realizing what a problem it is for me to sell something if I'm not absolutely in love with it! To be honest, I'm not a jewelry fanatic, and I usually have to really like something in order to buy it for myself. Some people might think I shouldn't be selling jewelry when I don't naturally own or like a ton of it, but I view it as a positive thing! If I'm making jewelry that I would love, it means I'm being highly selective. Customers can only benefit from that.
With these thoughts in mind, I've spent some time figuring out what I like to produce, what pieces I love the most, etc. and developed some goals:
- I purpose to LOVE everything in my shop
- I purpose to make pieces that are simple, but visually interesting
- I purpose to have a greater role in producing elements instead of merely assembling them (The pieces I've loved the most, I've had a greater hand in producing, by the way.)
- I purpose to make things that fit my own style
- I purpose to plan each and every thing I design so I can bring it to customers more efficiently
- I purpose to learn new techniques that will allow me to make more of what I love
Do you have goals for your own business? Are you making sure that what you produce is something you love?