Monday, July 14, 2014

Birthday Recap


Last week was very special to me. My family and friends pretty much made it a birthweek instead of a birthday! There was a shopping spree with my sister and parents along with a wonderful lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. There was Panda Express somewhere in the week, which IS my favorite restaurant. There was mint chocolate chip ice cream (favorite ice cream). There was a party with some wonderful friends...lots of blessings, big and small, and I am thankful.

This time last year, I wrote this post. It's interesting to look back and note the things that have changed since then. On the surface, everything is pretty much the same in my life. The only big, external change was quitting my part-time teaching job to focus more full-time on my business. Beyond that, most changes have been internal.

As I approached this birthday (my 24th) I was aware of finally feeling comfortable with and knowledgeable about who I am and what my goals are. For the most part, I now approve of who I am. This is a huge deal considering how disparaging I used to be. I praise the Lord for all growth in this area. He helped me to see that if I would only desire what He's planned, everything would fall in line. The things I didn't like about myself actually began to work for me when I accepted what God has made. Isn't that amazing? How many of us are unhappy only because we're trying to live outside of God's outline? It's so needlessly stressful and damaging to push against the only plan that fits you perfectly.

I wrote down 7 words that popped into my head when thinking about my year as a 23 year-old:
  • Awakening
  • Thankfulness
  • Clarity
  • Freedom
  • Regeneration
  • Self Discovery
  • Rededication

Here are 7 that I hope will apply to 24:
  • Focus
  • Kindness
  • Commitment
  • Gratefulness
  • Wisdom
  • Confidence
  • Joy

Hope your Monday is a happy one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation!