Monday, March 31, 2014

Vinegar


This post is slightly sour, but good for you! Over the weekend, I've been battling a pretty nasty sore throat. It's such a drag. Undoubtedly you feel as I do, that being sick is nothing but a frustration. In the words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Well, my mom came home from the store Sunday afternoon with apple cider vinegar and my sister told me that gargling with it would help my throat. I dissolved a tablespoon of the vinegar in hot water along with about a teaspoon of salt, gargled, and it definitely eased the pain. I also just swished some of it around in my mouth and afterwards, my breath felt incredibly clean. It was at this point that I Googled the health benefits of apple cider vinegar and read about its use as everything from a mouthwash to a oily hair and dandruff treatment, cold symptoms reliever, energy and immune system booster and a lot more. I guess I should have taken some of this wonder liquid a while ago. I know my mom has drunk it from time to time. This winter my friend Abby started drinking vinegar water every morning to ward off the cold/flu season and stayed miraculously healthy.

After completing my "research," I decided to actually drink some. I've never minded the taste of vinegar, but for those who do, I put a tablespoon in white grape juice and couldn't taste it at all! My mom likes to drink it in apple juice, as well. Later, I took it with just water, but honestly, it's not that bad. I think I'll go drink some more now, actually.

Here's a link to a list of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar and one for white distilled vinegar.

-Song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation!