Friday, June 27, 2014

6.27.14


Happy Friday, everyone! The rose pic is one I shot in my yard this week. Like the Beatles say, "it's getting better all the time." Still got a long way to go. :)
After a pretty hectic month, I felt like I spent this past week just figuring out my routine again. Here are a few highlights from the week and then some links and photos:

-I made dinner for my family and it actually tasted great! Tilapia, rice, and a garbanzo, black bean salad. Yummy...

-I journaled for 4 hours one day. It really helped me feel centered and focused after a busy and emotional weekend.

-I went horseback riding with Erin and Abby. It was stupendous! I don't think I've ever ridden that long and on such an un-boring horse! :)

-I watched the Adventures of Tintin with my family. The best thing about that movie is how British and adventurous you feel while watching it.


-I liked this article on writing great web content.

-This is old news now, but I appreciated Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield's use of their platform...



-For 4 years, I danced ballet. It was long enough to get a grasp of how insane these people are! The Washington Ballet's most difficult moves:



-I read this post on A Cup of Jo yesterday and felt like I'd been given one of the most valuable pieces of advice ever. KINDNESS people. It's the key to success in not only your marriage, but all relationships. See, everyone already knows that, but the practical description in Gottman's article of how to and how not to respond to your loved ones was a great reminder.

-I bought this Oasis dress and wore it to my event last week. This week it went on sale...50% off. That's the way it works, isn't it?



-I know this to be true...


-This man always, always makes me smile.


-Song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation!