Thursday, June 26, 2014

White Walls


This summer, a project on my to-do list is repainting my bedroom...I'm going with white. My family will at least raise their eyebrows at this. When I was little and my mom asked me what color I wanted my room to be, I said "pink." When I got a little older, it was "turquoise." When I was old enough to appreciate warm colors in a basement bedroom I said, "yellow." I would never ever have said "white." I was always drawn to colors and the more color I could cram into one space, the better. In fact, I remember telling my mother that I would never have white or taupe walls in my house when I got married. I just loved color!

I have since realized that loving color is a good reason to have white walls. I love it so much that I want to make it the focal point of the room, make people's eyes dart to vibrant hues popping out in pillows, plants and artwork, and be able to easily change out old colors for new ones.

Here is a roundup of white or off-white rooms with pops of color that demonstrate what I'm talking about...











Based on the pictures above, you can see that this technique works with a number of different styles. You can choose a multitude of colors for one room or just a pervasive shade. The possibilities are endless and fun to play with! 

1 comment:

  1. Images 3, 6, 7, and 8 are my favorite. I like your white walls!

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation!