Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Being Content in the Midst of Peace


A little bit of truth I reflected on earlier this week:

Life in my home is so simple and sweet. There's nothing overly challenging or difficult about it. We have small struggles, but all in all, we have much to be thankful for, and when it comes to the world's problems, I generally feel like a spectator. No one in my family is ill, no one is unemployed, no one is in a job they hate, no one has gone off to war, and no one has had their heart broken recently. My father and mother and sister and I have worked long and hard to reach a point where four adults can live and work harmoniously under the same roof, and I think we've finally reached it. It's all good.

So, why do I feel discontent? It doesn't make sense. Why don't I feel happier? I'm forgetting something...

"I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need: I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. " - Philippians 4:12 &13

My peace doesn't come from peaceful living. It comes from eyes locked on the savior of the desperate and the blessed alike.

When life is going well, it's easy for me to take my eyes off of Christ, but He is the ONLY thing that gives true peace. Calm conditions make me feel safe, but if I forget to redirect my gaze to the focal point of life, I will ultimately feel as discontent as when everything is in upheaval.

We mustn't take our eyes off of Him.

5 comments:

  1. So good, Anna! He is the ONLY thing that gives true peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well expressed, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He IS! I have so much to learn about this. Thanks for stopping by, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! That's exactly it, Gina. I do the same thing, and it's a pretty ungrateful response, isn't it?? All praise and glory and honor go to HIM! Thank YOU for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation!