Thursday, May 21, 2015

Q: Do You Pray for Celebrities?


I've been wondering this for a while. I know that most of us pray for strangers like government officials and endangered people in the news, but do you ever pray for celebrities like actors and athletes?

I never did until 2014 when I started following a couple of Olympic athletes whose story really touched me. I found myself wanting the best for them, and there is nothing on earth better for them than that they should know and love Christ. To this day, I'll still say a prayer for their salvation when they come to mind.

In that same vein, I can think of many actors and actresses I enjoy that I have a heart to pray for.

Am I alone in this? Do you pray for celebs? Think of all the great ways God could use Christians embedded in those worlds to further the Gospel...


2 comments:

  1. I have always thought about this too. I think celebs get over looked because they are in such a different world/life than the rest of us almost like they are not "real" but they are real people too who need God in their life just as much as we do. Great thoughts Anna! And yes we should pray for them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica! I know! If we knew them in real life, we would definitely pray for them! Just because we only know "of" them doesn't mean we shouldn't still pray. Everyone needs that!

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation!