Cream Cheese Banana Bread - I've been making this for a few years now whenever I take notice of a couple of spotty brown/black bananas (sometimes, I forget to notice them and they get tossed) sitting in the fruit bowl. I'm giving you my favorite version!
Makes: 2 loaves
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c. mashed bananas
- 1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
1. Beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Gradually add the sugar and keep beating until the mixture is fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat just until blended.
2. Stir flour and next 3 ingredients together and gradually add it to the cream cheese mixture. Stir in bananas, nuts, vanilla and almond extract. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8x4 inch loafpans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out of a loaf clean.
4. Eat and enjoy! (better let it cool first)