Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring Collection Drumroll



It's wet and windy outside, but it's also warmer and finally beginning to look like spring. The weekend was sunny and gorgeous. Sadly, I haven't been out in the weather very much yet due to this unbelievably persistent cold I caught. I think I've almost got it licked, but I'm still tired and congested. Prayers up that allergies don't add to it.

In shop news, the logo is almost done and I can't wait to start sticking it on everything that represents me and my shop. Also, you may have noticed that I haven't shown you any new jewelry for a while! That's because I have been working on a collection of pieces to release all at once!

When I first began designing jewelry, I would find elements that I really liked and then try to make something from them. It was a good way to start, but it didn't leave me feeling like I could plan anything or buy in bulk. I needed a vision of some kind. I decided recently that planning a collection with a cohesive feel and a common theme allows me to be more creative and thoughtful about what I make.

So, for spring I began looking for a theme (beyond just spring) and decided to go with something that has been interesting me a lot lately, which is classic, feminine, French style. And who better to represent those things than Audrey Hepburn. She is the inspiration for this first collection full of pieces that are very feminine, very simple and somewhat French. I am so excited to show it to you soon! Make sure you check back in the next week or two for the reveal. :)


-Song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation!