Monday, April 21, 2014

Today



After a very hectic but much enjoyed Easter, I'm sitting here writing without any subject beyond whatever is happening at this particular moment. The weather outside is absolutely gorgeous and tons of windows are open. Plum and Clementine are here watching Looney Tunes over lunch break as I type. It's funny to me how much they love that show. And the fact that it is extremely quotable makes conversations with them even more interesting than normal.  :) 

I hope all of you had a great Easter. I was up before the crack of dawn to assist in making a big breakfast with/for my church family. Every year we have the same kitchen crew for Easter breakfast, and every year, I crack what feels like an ungodly number of eggs in my role as official egg cracker. Then I whisk them with salt and pepper, garlic powder and mustard (I know the mustard sounds weird, but it tastes great, and you should try it!) before passing them off to the official egg cooker. There's so much love and fun in my church and on an early, sleep-deprived morning in the kitchen, there's so much laughter. I enjoy it immensely. 

The afternoon and evening I spent with my family and a group of friends whom we always join for the holidays. There was pineapple and chicken salad and mint chocolate chip ice cream, as well as a walk in the woods and games of badminton. It all adds up to a lovely Easter.

I'm filling more orders today, getting ready for my trip south and pondering a Mother's Day sale in my shop. I may be a little MIA this week due to those things. Hopefully, I'll be able to check-in at the end of the week. 

Have a happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation!