Friday, August 15, 2014

Box of Chocolates Friday Issue No.1


Thanks to Joanna Goddard, most blogs are posting "Friday Faves" with random links and fun stuff from the week. I enjoy doing the same, but my posts have gone from being called weird little "Farrago Friday" to boring "8.8.14". Well, I like my Fridays too much to not give them a more decent name...

From now on, it's "Box of Chocolates Friday" cause you never know what you're gonna get (that's right, the title's based on that movie reference). I'll be posting links, but I'll also post the most random things I saw, or read, or did or thought. Or you might get something entirely different from week to week. You just never know...

From this week:

-I tried to have a photo shoot with my cat. It didn't go very well.


-12 Wendell Berry Quotes That Will Give You A Fresh Perspective 

-Really cool watercolor mug DIY from Poppytalk! These are so pretty!


-I appreciated this post by Erin Loechner about blogging these days. It's not dying out!

-Don't you think these temporary tattoos Anna blogged about are cool? They look just like jewelry.


-This is from Joanna Goddard. Hilarious flowchart of when to say "goodbye" at a party and when to "ghost" (it's a verb now that means to leave without telling anyone).

-I got this from my friend Heather on facebook... she captioned it, "Everyone is fighting a battle. Some of them are invisible. So hug someone." 'Bout made me cry. :( RIP Robin Williams.


-Sometimes, I go to my pinterest board of gifs, play them all simultaneously and pretend I'm in Hogwarts.


-Indeed...


-Have you all heard of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge? It's purpose was to raise awareness of Lou Gehrigs disease and it worked! Thousands of people have videoed themselves pouring a bucket of ice water over their heads and challenging others to do the same. My favorites so far, are the ones of my favorite figure skaters, Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir. :)

Y'all have a great weekend! I'm going to spend most of it sitting behind a table at my first craft show! Can't wait!

-Song

1 comment:

Let's start a conversation!