Friday, May 9, 2014

5.9.14



The weekend's here! Yippee! Honestly, sometimes I feel like my weekends just get absorbed by the weekdays' leftovers. Do you know what I mean? This weekend, I'm working to get ahead of schedule with blog posts and doing some work on jewelry pieces for friends. I'll probably be outside some of the time, too. From when I got home Saturday to today, the leaves outside my window have completely unfurled. It's so green and lush out there! Aaaahhh! I love it!

-This blog post conjured up a memory for me...sitting in Joe Muggs with my family at our local Books-A-Million when I was between the ages of 6 & 10, drinking something tasty, and reading (I can still picture it very vividly). We would go on a fairly regular basis and each time, my sister and I would try a different flavor of their Italian sodas, and they were SO good!



-Having just finished Wuthering Heights, I get where these period reviews are coming from. I still haven't figured out how I feel about that book, but these people made me nod and laugh.

-What I love about this living room is that most of the color is in the things that are alive. Without them it wouldn't look nearly as vibrant and pretty. I believe in lots of indoor plants. Plus, you can constantly play with color by getting new plants and flowers!

                                source

-I've been telling myself about sleep deprivation for years now! Maybe after reading this article by Dr. Czeisler, my self will finally listen!

-This post about New York City etiquette tips from Cup of Jo made me chuckle. :)


-A sweet message from Casey Leigh Weigand about being a mommy. Happy Mother's Day, by the way!

-I stumbled across this artist who has a series of paintings called "Sing That Movie!" This is just a small sampling, the rest are here. I thought they were cute!




-I know y'all are probably tired of Frozen by now, but friends of mine showed me this a couple of weeks ago, and I laughed more than I have in a while, so I'm sharing...very cute!


-Song


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation!