Thursday, September 26, 2013

Grace, Not Perfection



I blogged about this issue a few months ago and it is still something I wrestle with...speaking truth, reason and grace to myself instead of expecting perfection (something most often driven by the human definition of success). I read this article from Relevant magazine about the idea of "success" and how we define it. It was very helpful and encouraging to stop and measure what is truly valuable and realize that I am successful already! Trying to focus on our actual lives and what is important instead of the need for perfection is in essence extending grace to ourselves and others. Please extend this grace to your own self and be encouraged. Don't shame yourself because you're not living "perfectly," be thankful and live graciously.

He says, "My grace is sufficient..." and it is!

1 comment:

Let's start a conversation!