Thursday, August 22, 2013

Right now...


Hi, readers! I recognize I have been gone for a few days. The truth is, I've been swamped with work responsibilities and having a whole lot of fun with a friend from Turkey who's been staying with me and my family for the month. I have also been wrestling to stay afloat in orders. That's always a good thing, right?! In addition to being away from blogging for a while, you may have noticed that there haven't been many posts on my fb page and that I haven't listed any new pieces in quite some time. I have actually been designing and making pieces that I plan to release in a fall collection that will be coming in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned! Thank you for your patience as I figure out the right ways to bring new products to you.

Reality check-in...I've been thinking a lot about my jewelry business and what I'm doing with it. At the moment, I feel like I'm crawling along at a snail's pace to figure out what works and what doesn't. Beyond figuring out the technical stuff like product development and manufacturing, I'm still trying to gain a clear picture of what my own brand looks like. And I'm also trying to meet with an accountant. So, this is me basically struggling in all areas of business: identity, production, finances...and it's incredibly frustrating! Any other small business owners/entrepreneurs know the feeling?

Normally, I would try to keep my struggles a secret from everyone, especially potential customers, but I want to be honest and open (isn't that part of the blogger's code?)... Right now, my business is one of the most important things in the world to me, and I'm really trying to develop a quality brand that people love and trust. It takes time to build such a thing, but you can be sure that everything I do is with that end result in mind. As the Beatles say, "It's getting better all the time" just reeaaally reeeaallly slowly...:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation!