Friday, August 9, 2013

Farrago Friday 8.9.13

Hello Friday! Happy to see ya! I'm spending the weekend at the fair and eating Turkish food with friends. It's going to be delicious!

Lots of cool stuff this week...

-Creme Brulee Frozen Custard...dang. Recipe from SpoonForkBacon.



-I've really been enjoying Cup of Jo's blog series, "Motherhood Around the World." Jo interviews American moms who have transferred to a foreign country and discuss what it means to parent in their new location.



-I checked in w/ Pantone about fall...I don't really like it that there's one all-powerful season color decider company thing, but it is what it is. Still liking Emerald overall, and I'm going after Koi in my fall jewelry collection. Maybe one of these days, I'll be big enough to say, "Hey, guys, we're all wearing puce this fall!" and you'll do it.


- I am digging the casual sporty thing... The Fresh Exchange put together this about "Tomboy" style. ;)



-I enjoy stories like this...machete wielders, bouncers, cage fighters. You can't make this stuff up.

-CUTE!



- Chipotle Beer Shrimp Quesadillas with Spicy Guacamole from How Sweet It Is!


 -Your Friday song...

2 comments:

  1. With any luck, that creme brulee will be mine by the end of next week.

    Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire are great. But Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire together are amazing!

    Good old "Mr. Pitiful!" -- R.S. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the creme brulee and the dancing talent. Fred Astaire is the Cary Grant of dance and Gene Kelly is the Marlon Brando. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's start a conversation!