Friday, April 12, 2013

Keep Moving Forward!

(I'm going to quote Rocky Balboa at the end of this post)

You might have noticed that I haven't listed any new jewelry for about a week now... BUT, I have not been idle, I've just been thinking and planning and tending to other areas that need attention. I now have a definite plan for building my brand and promoting it. There should be a couple of giveaways coming up here soon on very beautiful blogs, as well as a new logo within the next few weeks. I'm also working on something for the summer that will change the way I present pieces to you. I will still be selling gemstone jewelry, but the way I sell should make a lot more sense, be more organized and more fun. Think,"consistent inconsistency." Are you hooked?

'Til summertime, I'll be focused on making more basics, birthstone necklaces, neutrals & pastels for spring, and more hoops. Stay tuned...

I have a plan! That's the best feeling! Before figuring out my goals and what needed to be done, I was getting discouraged, confused and frustrated. Things weren't going as I had expected, I wasn't an overnight success (I'm exposing everyone to my ego and unrealistic outlook), and I was questioning myself. Sitting down and making myself think positively about what I could reasonably accomplish in the upcoming months was the best thing I could've done.

This quote was in my head when I first opened my shop and while I was feeling sorry for myself and being weird, I thought about it again. Let it do for you what it will in the midst of your own mean, nasty place.




There you have it... How many blogs do you read that quote Rocky? There's a lot more where that came from. I haven't even had a chance to break into Lord of the Rings yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation!