Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Clarity


I feel like every time I sit down to write a blog post, I think "why am I doing this?" I dislike having so little purpose behind a project like this one. Telling you about my business is the overarching purpose, of course, but in order for this to be a fulfilling experience, in order for it to work the way it's supposed to, there has to be an established relationship between myself and you, the reader, and something that makes it all unique. Do you come back to this blog because you enjoy reading about jewelry, food and diys? Do you appreciate the writing (hopefully, it will improve over time)? Or do you identify with a single, small business owner just starting out? I feel a need to pinpoint what makes this little blog unique and I'd love to gain some clarity around it all. :)

For now, I'll just try to give more of myself when I write...sharing thoughts and real experiences. One big thing that's occurring in my life this week is the transition into full-time shop running! For the past five years, I have been a part-time ESL tutor for Korean students online. While a very positive experience and great training ground for working with people from lots of different backgrounds, it has recently seemed time to move on. Tomorrow is my last day, and then I will be devoting almost all of my time to owning Banana Grove Designs. As I'm sure everybody knows, ending seasons comes with a complex mixture of feelings. There's always a new season that follows to get excited about, but there are also things to miss. It's a blessing when the Lord makes the right path clear so that you're not led by confusing emotions.

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to really dig in to the new season and keep you updated on changes to come...

Speaking of clarity...these dainty little rock crystal drop earrings are becoming the ones I go to most often now. What do you think? Shop here and here for them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's start a conversation!